Our full-day private preschool provides a variety of social and learning opportunities to help children manage life in a group setting while providing intellectual experiences that strengthen their understanding of their immediate world.
Our flexible curriculum reflects the interests and passions of students and teachers alike. Activities include opportunities for creative expression, language and literature, science and math, dramatic play, project work, problem solving, computer experience, outdoor play and field trips. Four early-childhood specialists work as a team to create stimulating and entertaining educational themes.
We consider children to be individuals who grow and develop within the family, and we support family involvement in the program in many ways.
Families may select two-, three-, four- or five-day schedules, depending on need and space availability. For 2016/2017, the following schedule and costs apply:
- Dates: Aug. 22, 2016 – July 28, 2017, including two summer schedule options (follows WSU Vancouver calendar, with closure for one week in winter, one week in spring, and the first two to three weeks in August). A summer option (June 19 – July 28, 2017) is available for children after graduating from kindergarten.
- Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Class size: limited to 18 for each of two classrooms
- Classroom teachers: 4 (2 in each room)
- Age eligibility: 3 – 5 years
- Tuition: Varies by schedule option; $950 per month for full-day, five-day preschool (cost is prorated based on the number of days per month a child attends).
Morning and afternoon snacks are provided (in accordance with USDA guidelines). Children bring lunches from home (milk and fruit are provided), and eat in “family groups” in the classroom. Family members are invited to participate in meals and classroom activities when possible.