Class Assignment Procedures
- Class assignment requests must be submitted to the CDP Manager by email at least one week prior to the starting date of the observation.
- If a class assignment includes photographing or videotaping, the request must be submitted to the CDP Manager by email at least three weeks prior to the starting date of the observation.
- Class assignments will be evaluated and approved based on the following criteria:
- Appropriateness for the population and facilities of the CDP
- Consistency with CDP program goals, philosophy, licensing requirements, and accreditation standards
- Intrusiveness of the assignment on the day-to-day curriculum of the CDP classrooms
- Provision for confidentiality
- Approved class assignments will be supervised by the CDP Manager with input from teaching staff.
Times faculty and students can observe at the CDP:
- 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Please note: All students must be enrolled in a course or sponsored by a faculty member.
Please make sure to go over these legal requirements in preparation for Class Observations and related Assignments:
- The Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) is now enforcing new WAC regulations regarding early childhood learning centers effective August 2019
- The state of WA also recently passed a new law requiring proof of MMR vaccination (PDF) for teachers, staff, and volunteers.
- All student observers must sign-in with their name and course number at the front desk of the CDP
- All student observers must sign-out prior to leaving the facility
- No more than 12 student observers can be present at the same time · All observations must take place from the observation rooms. Students are not allowed in the classrooms or on the playground while children are present.
Observing at the CDP:
- Quiet please: Children can hear you through the observation rooms.
- Confidentiality: Never use children’s names when you discuss the CDP out of respect for the confidentiality of CDP families.
- Food and drink: Eating and drinking is not permitted inside the observation rooms.
- Photographs and videos: Requests to photograph or video must be approved by the CDP Manager.