While there is no standardized list of kindergarten “readiness expectations,” the CDP kindergarten certified teaching staff believe that most children who have a preschool group experience are “ready” for kindergarten.
With plenty of individual attention, the program seeks to meet the needs of all children who are enrolled.
We incorporate math, reading, writing, social studies and science into theme-based projects in four areas: natural sciences, language, creative arts and social competence. Our formal reading and mathematics curriculum meets the Common Core state standards.
We believe the best way to help children is to make learning interesting and fun. Children learn to play and solve problems collaboratively. We encourage parental involvement.
For 2016/2017, the following schedule and costs apply:
- Dates: Aug. 31, 2016 – June 15, 2017 (follows WSU Vancouver calendar, with closure for one week in winter and one week in spring).
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 2:50 p.m.
- Wraparound care: 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. at no additional fee
- Class size: limited to 18
- Classroom teachers: 2 in-room
- Age eligibility: 5 years by Aug. 31 (no exceptions)
- Tuition: $891 monthly tuition plus additional fees (rates are set June 1 of each year)
Morning and afternoon snacks are provided (in accordance with USDA guidelines). Children bring lunches from home (milk and fruit are provided), and eat in “family groups” in the classroom. Family members are invited to participate in meals and classroom activities when possible.